Farm Business Planning Program
About Requirements Apply Contact
Do you need a written business plan for a lender? Are you wondering if your business idea is feasible?
The Farms at Work Farm Business Planning Program is a tailored workshop series designed to guide participants in turning their farm business vision into a concrete business plan - including production, marketing, human resources, financial planning and projections.
FAW has teamed up with other organizations and experts to provide a wide range of supports all in one place, saving participants time and money, and increasing the likelihood that your business will succeed. You will learn the skills needed to create and update your business plan, including financial statements!
Participants will benefit from:
- Guidance from a certified accountant who is a seasoned member of the Canadian Association of Farm Advisors
- Presentations and opportunities to network with a range of agricultural and business experts
- On-site information and feedback from potential lenders and granting organizations
- Support in finding needed resources and information
- Opportunities for discussion and networking with other participants
- Completion of a business plan which can be used to apply for loans and grants, as well as guide business decision-making
- Learning to understand and develop different types of financial projections and statements
This six-day series is held in Peterborough over 14 weeks from early November through January. The dates of the program will be finalized based on participant availability.
In order to maintain a high level of quality instruction and one-on-one learning opportunities, a limited number of participants is accepted into the program.
What Participants Are Saying:
"This is a GREAT program. As new farmers, it's very overwhelming to get started. It's hard to find people to talk to and the internet has too much information to sift through. It was so valuable to have a small group of experts and participants to be able to talk though ideas with. Invaluable one-on-one time. We never would have found out the information about funders without this program." ~2016-17 Participant
" It was a great program to push you to get a business plan made in set time frame. I learned a lot and now I'm able to do a business plan for anything really"~2016-17 Participant
"The program provided great opportunities to meet industry insiders, and to work closely with an experienced farm accountant. The tools and resources provided, and responsiveness of the program team, were excellent. I would definitely recommend this program." ~ 2016-17 Participant
Registration Fees: $595
Location: Peterborough, ON
Our thanks to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for funding the development of this program, as well as to other organizations providing support in various forms: