News/Events - September 2011
Need Help With the Harvest or Cleanup?
There are at least 30-40 people registered in central Ontario so far, who are interested in coming out to help with harvest or other “many hands” farm work. We don’t know exactly where they are so no guarantees.But if you have a farm in the area that employs ecological farming practices and find yourself in need of some serious help, email email@example.com with the following information at least 3 weekdays prior to the event. Your information will be sent out to the crop mob e-mail list! It’s worth a try, and as people become more knowledgeable, it will grow.
- Date and Time
- Farm name, address and directions
- Work that needs to be done
- Stuff to bring (ex: tools, boots, hats)
- Lunch plans (ex: potluck, bring your own, snacks provided)
- Facilities (ex: rain and sun shelter, washrooms)
- If/how you want folks to RSVP (allows you to control the number of people who attend or to cancel/postpone the event if need be)
Let us know how it works for you!
- BCS Rototiller with various attachments
- Horse team plowing
- Set up and use of cultivator, disc, plow on a tractor
- Set up and use of a 3-horse hitch cultivator
- From Hwy 35 , turn on 7A towards Port Perry(left if you are going N on Hwy 35, right if you are going S on Hwy 35).
- Turn left onto Century Farm Rd.
- Take your first right onto Gray Rd. The farm is at the top of the hill on the right hand side, 253 Gray Rd.